|Optical Brighteners also known as Fluorescent Brightening Agents (FBAs), Fluorescent Whitening Agents (FWAs) or Optical Brightening Agents (OBAs). These additive gives a whitening effect thus, enhance the color appearance of papers & fabrics. The common usage of brighteners is to reduce yellowing, enhance product's brightness and improve whiteness. It make the clothes more cleaner by mixing with the laundry detergents. The Optical Brightener is also used in the high brightness papers for giving fluorescent appearance to them under UV illumination. Furthermore, they have also found their uses in the cosmetic industry for washing & conditioning the grey hairs. One of the main properties of Optical Brightener is that it easily absorbs the UV light and re-emit that energy into the weaker energy so, that the yellowish color of the fabrics look white. Optical brighteners are suitable with different substrates like silk, wool, paper, detergents, soaps, plastics, cellulose, nylon, printing inks, coatings and polymers.Also, they act as a:
Applications of Optical Brighteners
- Detergent whitener (instead of bluing agents)
- Fiber whitener (internal, added to polymer melts)
- Paper whitener (internal or in a coating)
- Textile whitener (external, added to fabric finishes)
- Color-correcting or brightening additive used in eye makeup, shampoos, conditioners, etc.
- Used to brighten the white or light colored fabrics.
- Utilized for textile finishing and in laundry detergents & domestic waste water.
- Gives more intensity to some specified colors.
- Used in the paper making & finishing.
- Act as a white toner in color photography.
- Suitable additive for indoor wall paint as they enhance the bluish tint.
|Optical Brightener KCB |
|Optical Brightener KSN |
|Optical Brightener FP-127 |
| || || |